Saturday, August 29, 2015

NO WAY OUT

 
jenny
 
Sat down a little bit ago to start writing, the phone rang, youngest sister in Wichita, Kansas, the city and state owned by the Koch brothers. She called to tell that her boy's kids were taken away by Social Services over him spanking one of them, turned in by a teacher at school. This strikes me so fascist it throws me into the slough of despond. I recall propaganda from the past telling us Nazis turned children against parents, Communists turned children against parents. It's in Orwell's 1984. I don't know what is behind the story. First thing I see is the ongoing assault of the American judicial system on the poor. The poor have no recourse. Easy targets. I don't know what is behind nephew's case, but it is common slang among lawyers to call Social Services "baby snatchers" and "elder snatchers." I've been under the watchful, threatening eye of SS that kept me a nervous wreck helping an elder friend stay out of a nursing home. Hospice, thankfully, removed the SS threat and gave assistance. I never understood why SS never offered help, only threatened and inspected. I understand that it is an agency of a fascist government and that's all it's necessary to understand. The problem is, I don't get it when it's called democracy, and do get it when I call it fascism.
 
jenny
 
I felt sad for nephew's family. They're good people. He was born with everything against him and has lived to age 40 with everything against him, considering a serious intelligence quotient issue. These are people I don't know how they live, but they do. They need help. The worst part is, they will need to pay a lawyer a substantial fee to get the kids back. This is why I call it an assault on the poor. If the family were middle class, it would never have come up. It's a hell of an expensive hassle in a country that calls itself Christian and hates the poor. It's what poor people go though in America, threats, blame and punishment. In nephew's case the punishment is several thousand to a lawyer, court costs, etc, the trauma of kids separated from parents and each other. Both parents working full time on minimum wage, five kids, living in poverty, they don't need a multiple thousand dollar expense dropped on them in punishment out of the blue. I could not be a lawyer, because I could not take their money. I have a few friends who have had issues under the threatening, controlling, eye of SS. They were all put through the wringer unconscionably over nothing, but needed lawyers and courts, money they didn't have to cover a new mountain in their debts, worry, days off from work, because America actively hates the working poor as much as the out-of-work poor.
 
jenny
 
It's a dark cloud I have seen sweep over my country while the population was asleep in television and consumerism, everybody having a great day on Zoloft and the legion of other mood enhancers. Though when a mood enhancer fails to profit Big Pharma, it's illegal. Hence, the War On The American People that started under the smokescreen of a "war on drugs," gets more militant every year and will continue. Prisons for profit and arrests for revenue. All of it targeting the working poor and the out-of-work poor. There is nothing I can do to change the situation. USA has more people in prison now than the Soviet Gulag did in Stalin's time. The American people have abandoned American principles as effete intellectual piecrust made to be broken. The process that has begun and progressed unto moving of its own momentum will play itself out unto its destructive completion. I have finally learned not to get emotionally tangled up in these processes I see in play that end in destruction after leaving a trail of destruction like a big-ass-tornado of fire. We've come to a place where American denial doesn't work anymore. The rug is not big enough to sweep all the dirt under. Time to buy a bigger rug. I'm glad I'm old. Every day I am grateful to be old.
 
jenny
 
A big sorrow overcame me with the word of nephew's new problem. I'm sure the child is all right, except for being taken away from mama, daddy, sisters and brothers, the guilt of triggering the whole mess, not knowing what she was doing. I don't know what happened. It could have been really bad, but I doubt it. Doubt it from a lifetime of experience seeing social changes, seeing how the legal system over-prosecutes and sweeps the unawares into nonexistence. I don't like seeing nephew caught in the spider web of Social Services. Once they've snagged you in their web, there is no getting out. I don't even register with the old people's center in town because it's associated with SS. While my own personal experience with SS has never been unpleasant, I've seen much that was severely unpleasant. What I've seen is their solutions to problems turn out far worse than the original problem. Reason has nothing to do with it. Compassion has even less to do with it. Laws are made by politicians for lobbyists. We the people have not a single lobbyist. Our government has turned on us and we have no backup but each other, which amounts to nothing, propaganda through corporate television keeping us divided. My sorrow is for nephew as one of hundreds of thousands, into millions, of working poor being traumatized by the justice system as easy kills, drone targets. I'm not saying nephew is innocent, only that the punishment for punishment sake went way into overkill, wrecked an entire family, threw all of them off their tracks, set them into deeper poverty. Because it's what's right. Another American Kafka nightmare.    
 
jenny
 
 
*
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment