Monday, February 15, 2010

SNOW ON TOP OF SNOW

hardy cows


I have no knowing how far this will get or if it will get at all. The computer is acting up. It's telling me it's infected and I can't figure out what to do. Best for me not to even attempt it. I don't know how I tricked it to let me at it just now. While I'm here, we'll see what happens.


More snow today, 3 or 4 more inches. Forecast for tonight 5-6 inches. This calls for a drink. I'd been out driving in the snow all over Whitehead early in the day with a couple inches of snow and snowing I drove the Catfish smooth with no problem. Went down to Jr's to use the kitchen sink to get 3 gallons of water. Busted through a drift in his driveway at least a foot deep. Catfish walked right through. About 2/3 of the way it hung. I backed up several feet, made a run at it and plowed on through.
Out there in the snow was really quite beautiful. Got a few decent pictures rolling down the driver's door window for a shot. Nobody was out driving. I made fresh tracks everywhere I went.
That was it. A day of a head nearly obsessed with snow. So tired of it. Heard a forecast for more tonight. When is enough enough? Today was a day of just waiting for time to go by. A warning keeps popping up telling me the computer is infected and I need a certain kind of anti-virus something or other. But when I go to do what they tell me to do, I can't do it. Can't do anything. Stuck in a kind of stasis. Nothing goes forward for me today. Good day to watch a movie, read and forget about how long everything beyond the door has been ice and will go on being ice.
It's one of those days I'd like to check a horoscope to see what's up, but I know what's up. Nothing.
The winters of 77-78 and 78-79 were the worst winters I've experienced here. Worse than this year. The winters I was least prepared. I was cutting trees by the side of the road for firewood because I couldn't get the truck off the road. 2 deep snows, on on top of the other, and they stayed around a very long time. This one wins the prize for all around nuisance. We've had an abundance of powdery snow that got rained on good and it froze and never thawed. Same thing happened again on top of that. Now two and three inches of snow on that to fill in shoveled places and footprints. It keeps on and never lets up.

No comments:

Post a Comment