Saturday, June 2, 2012

LOGJAMMED DAY




Today I did what I do when a day is logjammed with places to go before the end of the day, visit friends, go hear some music, whatever. Most, I wanted to and intended to go to the MtAiry fiddler's convention. As the day drew nearer I dreaded more and more that long drive on 89 to MtAiry, then finding that field where the fiddler's convention happens. That kind of a drive to get in among hundreds or thousands of people I've never seen before and never will again, people who don't give a shit if I live or die. Not my community. I'm retreating from all that doesn't really matter to me. I like a fiddler's convention, and the size of the one at MtAiry is just right, but last night I drove to Woodlawn to see the Highlanders and did not want to get back on the road today. Stayed up late, weary and worn out. Slept late. Wrote about last night's show. Took a nap. Woke after a couple hours. Went back to sleep. I didn't want to go anywhere. Got up, watched a movie, wrote an email and here I am in the present moment gazing at the monitor, Caterpillar asleep in the next room.


I can't write any more at this time. Three times in a line everything will stop, I have to wait for it to start up again, write a third of a line and wait, write a third of a line and wait. I can't do this any longer. The "send feedback" sign is up again, the sign that writing is impossible at this time.


No comments:

Post a Comment